Personal Information (Privacy) Policy and Collection Statement
It is the policy of China Resources (Holdings) Co., Ltd（“CRC" or “us” or “we”）, its subsidiaries and its associated companies (CRC together with its subsidiaries and its associated companies, the “CRC Group”) to comply with the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (Chapter 486 of the laws of the Hong Kong) (“PDPO”).
This Personal Information (Privacy) Policy and Collection Statement (“Statement”) informs you of your rights under the PDPO and sets out how CRC collects, uses, stores and handles any data or information provided by you.
You confirm you understand and agree that the provisions stated in this Statement applies to your personal data provided each time you log in to this website.
CRC uses all reasonable endeavors to ensure our staff comply with the strictest standards of security and confidentiality in relation to any data or information collected from you.
(i) Collection and Storage of Data/Information
CRC may collect your personal data from you, such as your name, address, contact details, qualification, education background, employment history, referees and/or other data from your CV. This is necessary for CRC to provide various services and activities available on this website to you. You are not obliged to provide us your personal data or information, but refusal to provide such data or information may render the provision of the services and activities on this website unavailable. All the personal data CRC collects is held, used and disclosed for the purposes set out herein.
Information regarding your IP address, browser type, domain name and access time may be recorded. When you visit this website, CRC will record your browsing history without collecting any of your personal data or information, and your browsing history will be used for our own research and/or statistical purposes.
All of the personal data or information provided by you will be stored securely in CRC’s system.
You understand and agree that, CRC may retain your personal data or information for a maximum period of two years and that data or information may be retained for a longer period if there is a subsisting reason that obliges CRC to do so, and CRC may refer your application to other vacancies within the CRC Group.
Only trained and authorized staff of CRC shall have access to any data or information collected by CRC. CRC may release your personal data within the CRC Group, but will not release any data or information collected to parties outside the CRC Group except to the following:
- Parties involved in managing, validating or administering your application, employment or engagement;
- Parties involved in conducting probity checks;
- Parties involved in maintaining, reviewing and developing our business systems, procedures and infrastructure including testing or upgrading our computer system or website;
- Parties involved in the provision and administration of insurance, retirement funds and the administration of your remuneration, retirement, employee benefits and insurance.
- Your representatives (including your legal advisers);
- Any government or regulatory bodies as required or authorised by law; and/or
- Whom you have given your consent.
You have the right to request access to and correction of your personal information provided. Any request made be made in writing and addressed to our Information Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org or by post at Human Resources Department, 44/F China Resources Building, 26 Harbour Road, Wanchai, Hong Kong.
(ii) Purpose and Use of Data or Information
All of the personal data or Information collected from you may be used to:
- monitor the use of this website to help its further development and improvement;
- compile aggregate statistics about our users to analyze site usage;
- create account for you with the services offered on this website and maintain such accounts;
- assess, evaluate and administer your application for any employment opportunities with CRC;
- communicate with you in relation to your job application;
- comply with any legal obligations;
- monitor and review CRC’s recruitment practices;
- facilitate our advice to you of any other employment opportunities which may interest you;
- identify and verify identity of the users who used the services offered on this website; and
- communicate with you in respect of matters related to or arising from the use of the services offered on this website.
- Internal audit;
- The personal data user includes CRC’s PRC holding company.
A cookie is a small text file that our website transfers to your computer’s or device’s hard disk. Cookies contain information about you and your preferences.
To further improve the website, Google Analytics are used to recognize repeat visitors to this website in order to enable us to better understand how our users browse this website, the time they spend and how often they visit this website.
Font size cookies are used to provide proper appearance of characters when you browse the website.
CRC will not collect any personal data or information from you when any of the aforementioned cookies are being used.
You may wish to opt out by turning off cookies, however, switching off cookies will restrict your use of CRC’s website.
The CRC Group uses third party content and service providers, and offers links to third party websites. These third parties may collect personal data from users and they adhere to their own privacy policies. This Statement does not cover any data or information collection by third parties.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
The provisions contained hereunder shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Hong Kong. The courts of Hong Kong shall have exclusive jurisdiction to hear and determine any suit or proceeding, and to settle any dispute or claim, which may arise out of or in connection with the provisions contained herein, and the parties hereby irrevocably submit to the jurisdiction of such courts.
All of the information on this website is intended to be general information and for reference only. It is neither purported to be comprehensive nor intended to be treated as any investment or other professional advice. While CRC uses reasonably care in representing the information and material on this website, CRC does not guarantee that such information is complete, accurate or up to date or the operation of this website. CRC shall not be responsible for any loss or damage arising from the use thereof. The information on this website may be modified at the discretion of CRC at any time without notice.
Furthermore, CRC does not warrant that any information and/or any other website(s) linked to or accessed via this website is secured, fit for purpose or free from computer viruses. CRC accepts no liability for any loss or damage howsoever arising from any use or access of this website or any such other linked website(s) or any reliance upon any content of this website or any such other linked website(s).
If there is any discrepancy or ambiguity between the English version and the Chinese version, the English version shall prevail.